Friday, January 7, 2011

Weird.

It is the weird life for me. This crazy night shift nursing creates weird sleeping patterns. I worked the last two nights and I crawled in bed tonight at 11:20 fell asleep and woke up again at 12:45 ready to go. It is now almost two am and I have been laying here thinking about life and where it is going, what I am scared of and what I am looking forward too. It is 2011 and it is going to be a good year. More growing up....yay.
One thing I wanted to do a week ago was make a list of the type of patients we had on our unit it has been pretty rough lately in the type and sickness of the patient population. Here is an overview or my own memory.

Rm. 1 - Necrotizing pancreatitis, to much alcohol.
Rm. 2 - MVC, Pt only responds to pain
Rm. 3 - Pancreas Kidney Transplant, multiple complications
Rm. 4 - 4oo lbs Pt post stroke
Rm. 5 - Sepsis, Bipolar made pt hard to deal with
Rm. 6 - MVC hard to wean from vent.
Rm. 7 - Suicide attempt. Gunshot wound
Rm. 8 - GSW to face, not self inflicted.
Rm. 9 - Wheelchair vs. Car. Ridiculous restraints
Rm. 10 - Respiratory Failure related to Obesity
Rm. 11 - Suicide attempt. GSW to face.

For some reason it was a particularly crazy week. Dealing with the emotions of families and the patients personalities is usually the most challenging part of my job. Must try to sleep again.....

No comments: